Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
I want to be able to play games, such as Solitaire, and Sudoku, while listening to Pandora....

Sometimes I am able to play background music, Pandora for example, while in other apps, YouTube for example.

Some apps turn off the music as soon as you switch to them, some don't. Some apps lets background music play sometimes. For example, a Solitaire game turns off background music only sometimes.

An assumption is that turning off background music is up to the current app displayed, that is why it works in some, and doesn't work in others.

The question is, why is it that I can get it to work sometimes on apps that normally turn it off? Glitches with the app or ATV4?

Also, does anyone know of a way to force background music?

benjitek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
It varies by app -- your best bet would be to send a feature request to the developers of the apps.

Reactions: Juicy Box

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
It varies by app -- your best bet would be to send a feature request to the developers of the apps.
This is a good idea, as some of the simple games I like to play do not have music, or has horrible music playing.

As for it varying by app, I have noticed this. What is weird is when apps that normally turn off the background music, allow it to play sometimes.

I noticed little tricks on certain apps to enable background music, but it is not consistent, and sometimes takes a long time to work.

Example, starting a Solitaire game while playing Pandora turns off the music, but sometimes going back to Pandora and starting it again works. But sometimes this takes like 20 times back and forth to get it to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.