Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Not sure what is going on but this started a couple of weeks ago. I made no changes and the only thing that has changed is the ATV4 updates that have come out.

Two major things have started:

1. Video starts playing fine (any app) and then after a few minutes, becomes "slow mo". I have to pause the show/movie and un pause to fix it. It will either keep happening or stop for a while. Never had this issue before.
  2. This one has started in the past week. Audio is now out of sync. DirecTVNow, iTunes shows. I have not seen it with Netflix.
I have tried everything to get it to stop. Restarting the ATV4, updated the firmware on the Onkyo, power cycled everything. Nothing helps. I have noticed that if I switch the Onkyo from Direct to anything else, lip sync issues seem to be fine. Mono, stereo all that. However, I did not mess with these settings prior. I am at a loss as to what the issue is. I do have another ATV4 that I am going to put in its place to see if it continues. If it does, I know it's not the ATV.

Any suggestions?

Audio on the ATV is set to "Best". ATV goes to my Onkyo and the Onkyo goes out to my P65 Vizio.

Thanks!

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
is the sync bad on both the TV speakers and the Onkyo?

there is an HDMI function called "lip sync" you'll have to peruse your manuals / menus to see if that can possibly fix your problem

hdmi lip sync

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.