Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TexasShield

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2017
I got a pair of the newest PowerBeats, and they have definitely not been anywhere close to spectacular. I received these as a Christmas gift, and I'm already on my second pair. The first shorted out after I worked out in them for a little more than a week (thankfully AppleCare shipped me another set). Now with this new pair, I've noticed that whenever I'm streaming anything from my MacBook Air to my PowerBeats3, there seems to be a little lag in the audio on everything (YouTube, iTunes, etc.)

So has anyone else experienced this issue on any of their iOS devices? The bluetooth streaming on my iPhone has been just fine with no lag issues like I've had on my laptop. I know that you can reset the headphones, as I've done plenty of times, but I don't want to be forced to reset the headphones every single time I want to listen through my MacBook Air.

It's not the biggest of problems you could have, but considering that these headphones are basically at the top of the workout headphones market, I would never pay $200 for a set of headphones after the issues I've had in just under 2 months of ownership.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.