Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

byron_hinson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2003
Is there a way to get the HomePod to play audiobooks I own which I have purchased on the apple store via voice or has it always got to be via airplay. Can't seem to find any voice commands that work for it

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
Is there a way to get the HomePod to play audiobooks I own which I have purchased on the apple store via voice or has it always got to be via airplay. Can't seem to find any voice commands that work for it

That's gotta be AirPlay only for now, which isn't *that* much of a bear is it? Slightly less convenient, but still workable. Don't forget, you can control your HomePod from Control Center on our iPhone. Pretty easy to use.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Yeah, I wish audiobooks would become more cloud-integrated. I’ve been wanting an Apple TV audiobooks app for ages, as well as real syncing and storage via iCloud. As it is now, you can redownload your purchased audiobooks all you want, but the ones you see in your app are physically on your device - they’re not really a part of iCloud for iBooks. Hopefully the next version of iBooks/Books will fix this, because once audiobooks are fully integrated in the cloud, it should be very easy for HomePod and Apple TV integration to happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.