Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daniepaulhs92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2017
Does anyone experience any lag/ stutter when playing games with AR in a long amount of time (like 15-20 minutes) with iphone X ?? I notice that my iphone X started become hot and the camera become laggy when I played AR games , its just so bothering me.. please help , any suggestions?? Thx!!!

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Does anyone experience any lag/ stutter when playing games with AR in a long amount of time (like 15-20 minutes) with iphone X ?? I notice that my iphone X started become hot and the camera become laggy when I played AR games , its just so bothering me.. please help , any suggestions?? Thx!!!
It's the reality of the camera running for so long, the CPU and GPU active to power the game/app.

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
The phone throttles when it gets too hot. 20 minutes sounds like a pretty long time before throttling kicks in, considering you're talking about constant AR use. Definitely for AR games (super graphics intensive), throttling will make it very laggy after some time.

Like lighting a cigarette in the desert :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.