Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
Anybody know of a similar program or filter that is Intel/Tiger compatible?

http://www.autofx.com/detail_pages/aedetail.html

I'm colorblind, so I don't really have the ability to manually adjust my photos, but Auto Eye worked wonders for me on Windows.

I'm looking for either a plugin that will work with Photoshop CS3, or a standalone application.

Thanks.

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
AutoEye 2.0 works as both a plug-in and as a stand alone application... ...on any G3 or G4 Macintosh system running OS 9 - OS X.

As a brand new Mac user, I'm not familiar with all the different models yet. Aren't G3 and G4 older (pre-Intel) Macs?

balofagus

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
Ontario, Canada
It says it runs under OS X so that should mean any version (someone yell at me if I'm wrong). However, since its developed for the PPC G3 and G4 it should run under Rosetta on your machine (emulation). It will be slower than an Intel optimized version but depending on your past machine could indeed be faster.

They have a demo available at http://www.autofx.com/demo_center.asp so you could download that and try it out. It can't hurt right? I also read somewhere that the Mac and PC version are both on the same CD so if you have your install disc you could just use that

ColorWasher also has a demo available at http://thepluginsite.com/products/download.htm so you could try it out. This is not standalone software mind you so you'll need one of the compatible graphic software titles installed for it to work. They're listed at the top of the page and are Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop Elements, PhotoImpact, Photo-Paint, Fireworks, IrfanView, under Windows as well as MacOS X. It also runs natively in Photoshop CS3 on Intel-Macs.

EDIT
On their "Compatibility" Page this is what ColorWasher says

You need one of the following applications to use the MacOS X versions:

Adobe Photoshop (Version 7 and higher)

Adobe ImageReady (Version 7 and higher)
Adobe Photoshop Elements (Version 2 and higher)
Adobe Illustrator (Version 10 and higher)
ACDSystems Canvas (Version X and higher)
CiEBV Photoline 32 (Version 11.52 and higher)
Corel Painter (Version 9 and higher)
LemkeSoft GraphicConverter (Version 5.7 and higher)
Macromedia Fireworks (Version 7 (MX 2004) and higher)
... and it probably works in several graphics applications that support Photoshop plugins.

I've never used either of these products but I wish you good luck! :)

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
I actually spoke with the AutoFX peeps. They responded a lot faster than I expected them too. Even to my follow-up question. Good service.

Basically, the stand-alone version will run (in Rosetta), but the PS plugin version will not run in CS3. :( She did say that they'd have a CS3 version soon, but didn't mention if it would be Intel native or not.

Unfortunately, using the same disc isn't an option. When I used the Windows version, it was for work, and owned by my boss. I no longer work there, and this is for personal use.

I'll try out some demos, but I'm really hoping to get feedback from people who have used these things. With me being colorblind and all, the advise I get is probably better than the results I see on my screen. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.