Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Batt4Christ

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2014
Arkansas
The auto window resizing is possibly the worst feature I have ever seen, its so annoying!! does anyone know if this can be disabled???
I agree - what in the heck? I have windows set up as I want. But if I drag one to the other side of the display, or to a 2nd display, the window explodes to fill the screen width! What in the world???? Who thought that would be a good idea?

Batt4Christ

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2014
Arkansas
I think what you're looking for is under System Settings > Desktop & Dock > Windows (second section).
Which setting???

Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 3.05.57 PM.png

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
May 30, 2018
there
I think need to activate that when first using since I don't see anything abnormal after setting this OS beta up.

im happy the multi finder window is back and better than ever!
well Mojave.

Im impressed with Sequoia for 20 minutes and also finally learnt to type that name!

Reactions: iBookmaster

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I agree - what in the heck? I have windows set up as I want. But if I drag one to the other side of the display, or to a 2nd display, the window explodes to fill the screen width! What in the world???? Who thought that would be a good idea?
People have been complaining about the absence of this feature for literally decades.

Reactions: iBookmaster

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
Yes! This has been in Windows for a long time. We were behind on this one. I like it!
Yes, Windows users enjoy that feature for a very long time. As a long time Mac user and happen to be interacting with Windows boxes, I turn off that feature as soon as possible.

Kylo83

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2020
Why when u drag to the top it keeps showing me desktop mode to add a desktop with better touch tool it disabled that

• Haha
Reactions: cateye

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I really wanted to like this feature, but it's way too limited and clumsy to use. I'll be sticking with Rectangle app for the foreseeable future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.