Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sanooya

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Hi
A few weird things happened to my watch today.

I walked for 1 hour and paused, went back after more than 3 hours to continue.

I noticed the heart rate was suddenly disappearing and coming back, then while the workout was still going on I got the message of “it seems you are working out, do you want to record...”?

The first workout disappeared (!!!) and the new one reached around 5 minutes and the timer stopped (it wasn’t paused) I tried pausing, closing the workout & relaunching but same, had to reboot the watch.

Then I noticed the heart rate was going crazy - 136 to 108 then to 120, in like 2 seconds.

And finally the Watch recorded 1595 total calories only , and I’ve had a fairly active day, Since I got my S5 Apple watch around 3 weeks ago, I’ve never gotten this even in my first couple inactive days!!!

When I took it off to recharge, I noticed I was wearing it way too sung I have prints of the watch and strap on my skin, but could this be a reason for all these craziness?!

Sorry, this is my first Apple Watch and that number shocked me... I’m getting close to 2100 since I starting working out - those 500 hurt!
Both Watch & iPhone are updated (not today).

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.