Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gene S

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
I bought my husband a new AW3 with LTE for Christmas, and have a question about activating it when the time comes.

When I research the steps, a Verizon article says the following:

“Enter your username to sign in as the Account Owner or Account Manager to the My Verizon Mobile app.
linote.gif
If you haven't registered your mobile number for use on the My Verizon app, tap the I Need to Register button and follow the prompts.”

What is it that referring to? I understand the Account Owner sign in info.
I am the account owner, and his phone is on my plan/account. I can see it when I log into the Verizon App.
Does his phone number need to registered separately somehow?

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I bought my husband a new AW3 with LTE for Christmas, and have a question about activating it when the time comes.

When I research the steps, a Verizon article says the following:

“Enter your username to sign in as the Account Owner or Account Manager to the My Verizon Mobile app.
linote.gif
If you haven't registered your mobile number for use on the My Verizon app, tap the I Need to Register button and follow the prompts.”

What is it that referring to? I understand the Account Owner sign in info.
I am the account owner, and his phone is on my plan/account. I can see it when I log into the Verizon App.
Does his phone number need to registered separately somehow?
I bought my watch directly from Apple. I just paired it to my Verizon iphone and it took me through the activation process with Verizon automatically. Try that first and if you have problems, call Verizon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.