Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glennyboiwpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
In just wondering. If you from Canada will b&h video let you buy the xsi (canon) on preorder and ship it to me? Amazon.com won't:(

Optimus Rhyme

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2006
London, UK
I can't say from personal experience, but my father tried last year to do that and didn't have any luck. If you check their site, they seem to do international orders, so hopefully you could get them to ship it to you.

With the canadian dollar doing so well, or depending on how you look at it, the uS dollar doing so bad, why not order from a Canadian site or even go to a store?

Henrys have the XSI with the 18-55mm kit for 999, where as B&H have it for 899. If you ended up having it shipped, you probably wouldn't save yourself that much money at all considering the cost of shipping some items. You may even be able to find it cheaper than that if you search local stores.

glennyboiwpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
the reason why I want to order from the states is because I heard that canadian retailers won't get cameras in until June. I don't want to wait that long. :(

TWLreal

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2006
I order items from B&H regularly as prices from Henry's or Aden Camera are usually higher than B&H. I'm from Montreal.

Even after shipping and taxes, it still comes down cheaper. The only issue is having to return things for any reason but that would be the same if I had to order through Canadian websites.

http://www.photoprice.ca will give you info regarding shipping, taxes and duty and up-to-date price comparisons.

I'm sure B&H will send it out to you if their stock permits it, but call and check first. It's a 2 month lag as you said if you wait. "Totally not worth your trouble"? There's hardly any trouble.

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
I order items from B&H regularly as prices from Henry's or Aden Camera are usually higher than B&H. I'm from Montreal.

Even after shipping and taxes, it still comes down cheaper. The only issue is having to return things for any reason but that would be the same if I had to order through Canadian websites.

http://www.photoprice.ca will give you info regarding shipping, taxes and duty and up-to-date price comparisons.

I'm sure B&H will send it out to you if their stock permits it, but call and check first. It's a 2 month lag as you said if you wait. "Totally not worth your trouble"? There's hardly any trouble.

I'm sure I've read somewhere that camera equipment is not subject to taxes when shipped from the States - it's one of the exempt items under NAFTA

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
I'm sure I've read somewhere that camera equipment is not subject to taxes when shipped from the States - it's one of the exempt items under NAFTA

Duff-Man says....Careful - I think you are confusing "taxes" with import duties. While many items are exempt from duty you are still responsible for pst/gst/hst....oh yeah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.