Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealBigDaddy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
WV
i have an 8+ so the AppleCare+ is quickly running out. The back glass somehow got a crack despite living in an Otterbox Symphony case from day 1.

Question, is this a replacement done in store and how long does it take? I’m close to an Apple store tomorrow on business. I don’t want to waste my time if it takes too long or has to be sent out.

Thanks in advance

TheRealBigDaddy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
WV
Thanks, got it taken care of. I had a hiccup where my applecare+ wasn't showing up on the phone due to something about the contract not being attached to the plan. It took 30 minutes to straighten out, but the genius hooked me up for the frustration and the replacement was free. :) You've got to love Apple's customer service sometimes.

coit2200

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2019
you better get a case.
I know a case will hide the beauty, but you don't really want to repair your phone all the time,

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
I had a Spigen case and also cracked the back glass (on a X). No AppleCare here, so I slapped a D-Brand skin on the back. Crazy expensive to replace.

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
I got a chip on the camera, but no Apple care. They said $500 to repair at Apple store. Luckily the chip is not near the lenses. My pictures look normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.