Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigsmooth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2015
I've been holding off until today to purchase a new ipad pro. I really want to use it for a long road trip this week. IF I buy one today with AppleCare and MBK, how easy is the return process if I return it to take advantage of the BTS promo when it rolls out?

philipma1957

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Howell, New Jersey
I've been holding off until today to purchase a new ipad pro. I really want to use it for a long road trip this week. IF I buy one today with AppleCare and MBK, how easy is the return process if I return it to take advantage of the BTS promo when it rolls out?
How long do you plan to return it? a week a month. I am not sure about canceling the apple care for a refund. The Mac Book they would take back 2 weeks to a month. depends on where you got it.

Amazon prime would take the MacBook back up to 29/30 days.

langkhack18

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2023
I think it's likely this week or so you might just want to wait so you have to go thru the return process (if you buy online) or I guess just go for it if you want to buy/return in store (Apple Store has 14 days return window)

bigsmooth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2015
I would've preferred to wait, but I am heading out of town for a week and wanted to test drive the ipad on the long road trip. So I broke down and bought the 11" and the Pencil Pro last night at the Apple Store. I will prob exchange it once the promo hits. We will see. I used the Education discount but it would be nice to double dip. If the promo is a gift card I will either put it towards a MKB or upgrade my iPhone this fall to take advantage of Apple Intelligence.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
When I chatted with Apple customer rep yesterday, they mentioned that if you are within your return period, you can ask for the current promotion (most likely a gift card) without having to return it. If that does not work then you can always return and rebuy within return period.

Reactions: Johnny Steps

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I'm buying a custom MBP, and it's scheduled to get to the Apple Store July 1, so the BTS promo should be live by then. I know it's impatient, but I'd rather not wait another week+ for the promotion to go live and then wait another 2 weeks to get my MacBook.

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
I'm buying a custom MBP, and it's scheduled to get to the Apple Store July 1, so the BTS promo should be live by then. I know it's impatient, but I'd rather not wait another week+ for the promotion to go live and then wait another 2 weeks to get my MacBook.
Haven’t you already paid then? You’ll have to return and repurchase for the education promo to take effect.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Haven’t you already paid then? You’ll have to return and repurchase for the education promo to take effect.
I know, but that inconvenience of that is better than waiting an extra 2 weeks to get it delivered IMO.

But Gurman said the sale is launching this week anyway so I just cancelled my order and will buy it when the sale launches.

Reactions: UltimateSyn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.