Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DUNKIN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
I just became Mac user after years of struggling with PCs. Wow, what a pleasure. One small problem I am having is that when I open CS4 the back-screen is my screen saver. Is this a setting that I am missing or maybe CS4 didn't install properly. Thanks for the help, Wade

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Adobe Photoshop is not a window application like in Windows, Mac OS X is document based, thus no window background is visible with no open documents.
When you have an image open, use the F key to cycle through different display modes, two of them hide the Desktop background image.

Btw, what you see is not the screen saver, but the Desktop background image.

Go to System Preferences > Desktop & Screensaver to see the difference.

Also have a look at the following links, as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
I think everyone goes through this, but honestly, you'll get use it pretty fast, and eventually you wont be able to live without it.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
To get a solid gray background behind your documents, without using the full screen option...

Window: Application Frame

There you go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.