Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dork420

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2007
Hello all

I can't seems to find a straight answer to my question.

While I'm working on getting an extensive backup system in place, I want to backup some RAW pics onto a dvd. I'm having a heck of a time doing this in Aperture. I also tried using toast but it doesn't seem to interact well with Aperture. I tried opening the aperture library but that doesn't seem to open either, which was odd. I then tried dragging pics into a folder on the desktop but that changed them to JPEG.

Can anyone help me , or direct me, to a simple way to backup RAW photos to DVD?

Thanks

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
Ok, it's kind of a backwards to do it and I'm surprised Aperture doesn't have a better way to do this. Click on the project you want to backup and go to File>Export>Project and save it to your desktop or somewhere you can find it. Copy the exported project to a Burn Folder and burn it to a DVD. It's really the only way to do it, hope that helps! :D

EDIT: Also, the method above will have all of your adjustments to your RAW files, other ways of doing this won't save your adjustments.

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004
You may also be able to right click your aperture library and "Show Package Contents" and miff about in the folders until you find them.

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
The only problem with that is that he won't have all of his adjustments. Backing up the project is faster and easier and will save his adjustments. Also, it may be difficult to put the contents back in the correct place if he needs to restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.