Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zalves

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
Portugal
I have a Macbook Pro mid 2012 non retina. My issue is that my wifi signal is ok but bluetooth is very poor, like 6 feet away from my speaker and I already get choppy sound (RSSI: -85 dBm). My iPhone connects with no problem, so am I just to say that it's not external interference? Maybe someone had experience with this issue and can tell is it's a faulty card or a problem with the antenna or something else.

I did a reset of the bluetooth card to factory settings, also deleted the plist files, so I guess it's not a software issue.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Bluetooth on mine has been hit-and-miss. Sometimes it will connect to devices after waking it, sometimes not (and we're talking ALL devices, even ones right next to it). If I have a device connected when it sleeps, then it will reconnect after waking.

Bottom line - it doesn't seem as though you're alone but I'm at the point that it's not worth it to chase the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.