Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ouphe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Hey all.

I've recently purchased a Nikon N50 and an 18-55mm lense, and now I'm trying to find a bag that it will fit in. I'm looking for something that's snug and compact, but not just a holster. I had ordered one that seemed perfect on Amazon ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EOR4JW/ref=sr_11_1/102-9848186-1495323?ie=UTF8 ), but upon checking my order today, I realized that it hasn't been released yet, and wouldn't be shipping until the middle of August...too long for me to wait, as I really want to take this thing out and about!
Does anyone know of something similar to this that is in the same price range (around $20...this one was actually cheaper than that)? Does anyone have an extra bag they'd be willing to pawn off to a DSLR newbie at a reasonable price?
Any help woulod be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Colin

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
I have a bag I could sell you (mainly shipping), but its a over the sholder type not a backpack type. Its big enough for a body, and a few lenses+ all the accessories you would need. If you're interested I can email you some pictures.

ouphe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, pictures would be great. Email them to mrouphetoyou (at) gmail (dot) com, if you please.

Thanks for the response!

-Colin

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I have a Lowepro "bag" that basically looks like a cube, similar to that Tamrac one you linked too. It has very dense padding (denser than many other brands I checked out), and it's great because it offers a lot of protection for my gear, but when I walk around with it, it swings back and hits me, and isn't as comfortable as my friend's messenger style bag that seems to hug and fit to his body.

Problem with my friend's bag........it doesn't offer as much protection as my bag. :rolleyes: :eek:

It's really hard choosing a bag, so go down to the store, spend some extra money if you need to, and know what you're getting. ;)

I may still get something else, but not like my friend's messenger bag. I may get a backpack because it would never feel uncomfortable and not swing while I'm walking. It'll also hold more. I'm waiting to find something that holds a camera, but still has a "regular" compartment for other things, like a jumper, jacket, hat, water bottle, etc. Maybe I'm just asking for too much. :eek:

Oh, and waiting for what you really want is a good idea. Wait for this bag to start selling if you want it badly, but remember that there must be a lot of bags similar to this one on sale somewhere.

amemoryoncelost

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2004
I've been using a lowepro nova 4 AW for my nikon d70s, I love it, room for a flash, an extra lens and all the other goodies I need. Plus it has an all weather bag to go over it just in case...

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
I just got that bag for my d50. It's pretty good, you can adjust the size of the dividers and whatnot to get what you want to fit. I've had it for a few days now it's working out ok.. I am contemplating returning it though and buying a bag that I can use to hold my laptop as well... It's a toss up of whether or not I want a small bag and carry two of them (one for laptop/books/etc, one for camera) or a larger, all-in-one bag. Other than my own personal dilemma I like that bag though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.