Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Z3roFlaw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
I only recently decided to order the Series 4 Apple Watch and I only just realized that I had an email from Barclaycard indicating that I was eligible for some special 0% interest financing BUT you have to purchase by September 25th (tomorrow).

The issue I think I'm in right now is that the Watch I ordered is no currently in stock so my card hasn't been charged yet. If my card isn't charged by the 25th (and likely it won't be) am I SOL on this deal? Not sure if anyone else has been in this type of situation before who is here and can speak on it.

I have reached out to Barclaycard via their online messaging system and I'm waiting for a response.

TheBearman

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2008
Cary, NC
To be honest, if your credit rating is good enough and you're a good cardholder they will allow the extra time. I've contacted them in the past when they didn't have an active special and received 0% on Apple purchases. The online messaging is what I've used.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
I only recently decided to order the Series 4 Apple Watch and I only just realized that I had an email from Barclaycard indicating that I was eligible for some special 0% interest financing BUT you have to purchase by September 25th (tomorrow).

The issue I think I'm in right now is that the Watch I ordered is no currently in stock so my card hasn't been charged yet. If my card isn't charged by the 25th (and likely it won't be) am I SOL on this deal? Not sure if anyone else has been in this type of situation before who is here and can speak on it.

I have reached out to Barclaycard via their online messaging system and I'm waiting for a response.

Well of course you can cancel your order.

Honestly to buy finance an Apple watch isn’t the best financial decision because of the small transaction amount and the impact to your credit.

If you still go this route I’d recommend other credit cards and not Barclays. Why you’re better off which chase sapphire and use those promotional points to gift cards and or travel.

Z3roFlaw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
I have other credit cards that are much better for rewards, however, they don’t offer special financing for apple produxts. Occasionally I use them to pay an item off over time instead of fronting all the money st once.

I’ve only used the Barclaycard for apple products when they run their 0% interest specials. Most cards tend to have awesome introductory specials for new members but after they have you they rarely if st all offer new incentives from my experience.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Not true, you get promo financing on all Apple product within 30 days after applying for that card. Depending on the amount, you can get 6-12 months financing. When you decide to purchase again, you need to call them in advance to apply promo for financing. So only apply when within the 30 days from application to when Apple will charge normally before shipping. You can start using it right away if you’re approved instantly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.