Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dead goon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Hey guys, I just transfered my photos to my MBP today and I've come to realise I've got a crap load of DSC2323.jpg type files all over the place.

Do you know of any decent, batch editing software? Something that I could use to transfer a heap of file names on the fly? Small and light preferably.

Thanks.

Dale Cooper

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2005
You could try Automator (standard OS X app), it has the ability to batch change file names.

Dave00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
Depends on what you want to edit. If you want to batch edit the photos themselves (such as scale a group of photos for email/web), there's nothing better than GraphicConverter. If you want to rename the files to something useful, a cheap and good solution is ABetterFinderRename. (You can use rules to assign names, such as a numbered list, naming based on the date/time, etc.)

Dave

OreoCookie

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2001
Sendai, Japan
Depends on what you want to do. If all you want to do is change size and resolution, an Automator script or a command line `scriptlet' will do. If you want to do more complex edits, have a look at Aperture or Lightroom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.