Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vincewinnies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
I am trying to help a friend recover photos accidentally deleted from his hard drive. We have run a recovery program and have them saved to an external drive. The problem is that there are thousands of photo files and many duplicate versions that we need to go through in order find and save the original files. Does anyone know of a browser or viewer program that would help us in this effort? I was thinking that if we could see file size, then we'd be able to at least delete thumbnail images. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
If you have Leopard, what about just using Quickview in the finder? Just click on the image file and press the space bar to quickly display the image. If you leave the window in list view, you can also see the file sizes.

Once you have the image displayed, clicking on other files in the window will change the view without having to close it and press the space bar again. In list view, you could probably even use the arrow keys to work your way down the list pretty quickly...

vincewinnies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
Thanks for the very simple and intelligent solution to my problem. I simply have not used the finder in that way before. I think that will work! Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.