Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seamaster74

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2017
Germany
Hi everybody,
just signed up to tell you about my experience with my new iPhone x (256GB, Grey). I charged it yesterday night around 8:30 PM it was at 100%. Wifi was on, BT off, didn't use it anymore till today when i woke up at 6:30 AM. Battery was at 27%!!!! Checked the Battery and saw that FaceTime used over 90% of the battery while i was sleeping (i live alone. So no one could use it. Screentime on FT was just 1 Minute when i checked it).
I didn't set up my X as a new device. My old device was a 7 and i used iCloud to set up my X. Apple diagnostics told me that the battery is ok it seems to be some other problem which they don't know now. I should try to install it over iTunes again if it doesn't work then set it up as a new device. Yeah sure (I use 1 Password with over 100 different passwords in it. Just to set that up will take me at least 1 day). Anyway i am going to try it with iTunes now but i have a very bad feeling about Apple. My eco system at home is apple (MacBook Pro, iPhones, iPads, Screens, MacMini) and it's a pleasure to pay a premium for apple products just to know that they work (the reason why i don't use windows since 7 years or android) BUT to be honest i don't see to pay a premium for these kind of things. The only reason for me to buy apple was a perfect functional eco system and products. Maybe not the best cam, maybe not the best sound or whatever BUT it saved me time. But if this is the new Apple, then i don't see a reason to pay a premium.

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    665.8 KB · Views: 174
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.