Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JediStarWars

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Hi! I have an iPhone 7+ (had it since it launched) and I've been very happy with it. After the last 2-3 iOS updates however the battery is draining quicker than ever. My battery health maximum capacity right now is 88%. My questions are:
  1. Would getting a new battery help improve battery life on my iPhone 7+, or is battery drain occurring simply because of the usual "Apple updates iOS...older phones battery life suffers / battery life is reduced..."?
  2. I have AppleCare+ warranty. I've never used it for anything / never changed a battery before / never had a cracked screen etc... How does battery replacement work for me with AppleCare+ - is battery replacement free or is there a discounted charge? What would that charge be?
Thanks!

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
I guarantee a battery replacement is likely to help you to some extent at the minimum to greatly at maximum.

Reactions: JediStarWars

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
iPhone 7 is more than two years old now and many of them are due for a battery replacement. At 88%, a new battery will certainly help with the battery life.

Keep in mind battery capacity percentage is only one measure of battery health. Other factors like battery impedance and self discharge rate are negatively affected by battery age.

Within warranty, Apple considers a battery at 80% to be suitable for free replacement.

Reactions: JediStarWars
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.