Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brunof19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2023
Hi, I have a problem. I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max for about 3 days now, everything is fine except one thing.
I am on version 16.3.1 and while I am using the mobile the battery drains slowly, about 1% every 10 minutes using social networks, but the moment I lock the mobile I lose between 1-3% in a matter of few minutes. I need help as I don't know if it is hardware or software problem. Thank you very much for your help.

Idkcurlyfries

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2023
I have an iOS 16.0; iPhone 13 pro and it’s like overnight the battery is suddenly draining. Last night before I put my phone down to sleep I had a decent amount of battery but in the morning my alarms didn’t go off because it died and it never happened before. I don’t know what’s going on either

kirbalo

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2022
Did you look to see if anything (app, etc.) is using battery when it's just sitting in "sleep" mode.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
You mentioned Social networks. Could it be possible that the app you are using could be the culprit? Have you tried deleting that app and let it sit and see what happens?

turbochgd

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2022
Go into Settings > Battery and you’ll be able to see in the graph (hours will be listed) what was using your battery the most while it was off during the night.

It’s also possible since you just got the phone that it’s still settling in with all the things it does behind the scenes. That could account for the additional battery drain.

Reactions: iosholic

Brunof19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2023
I have an iOS 16.0; iPhone 13 pro and it’s like overnight the battery is suddenly draining. Last night before I put my phone down to sleep I had a decent amount of battery but in the morning my alarms didn’t go off because it died and it never happened before. I don’t know what’s going on either
What happens to me is like the battery I spend during use is not updated until I do not lock the phone, it's super weird.
Did you look to see if anything (app, etc.) is using battery when it's just sitting in "sleep" mode.
No, no application is reflected.
It does not happen during the night, it happens to me during use, that until I lock the phone does not update the remaining battery correctly.
Go into Settings > Battery and you’ll be able to see in the graph (hours will be listed) what was using your battery the most while it was off during the night.

It’s also possible since you just got the phone that it’s still settling in with all the things it does behind the scenes. That could account for the additional battery drain.
I've had the phone for 3 days now, I don't think it's an indexing problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.