Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vincisomething

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2014
I'm almost sure it's the magsafe, but I don't want to spend money on something that won't even work.

I just bought a new battery (from a trusted apple compatible store they recommended me to). At first, it only wasn't charging. I don't know what i did to fiddle around with it, but it charged up to 23%. Then, I accidentally unplugged it and it went down drastically. It won't charge, but it'll stay stagnant until i accidentally unplug it too much. Now it's at 3% and probably won't stay that way forever. I reset the SCM and PRM many times with no luck and that's the only type of "solution" I've been seeing.

I got a new magsafe from macbookadaptor.com some time ago, but the extension cord was from the previous battery. I'm thinking it could be the extension cord, but again, don't want to waste money even if i can get it for cheap. Before my battery had issues, it was charging just fine with this adaptor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.