Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mshcherb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2016
Leiden, Netherlands
I have a TB 13" Mac Book Pro (almost brand new, got it when it came out, so I'm pretty pissed off that this is happening). The battery is stuck at 92%, the status shows "Battery Not Charging." Tried SMC reset three times, to no avail. Anyone know another fix?

mastermind6192

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2010
USA
This is actually expected behavior. Per https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054 "
Occasionally, the battery might not show a full charge (100%) in macOS, even after the power adapter has been connected for an extended period of time. The battery might appear to stop charging between 93 percent and 99 percent. This behavior is normal and will help to prolong the overall life of the battery."

mshcherb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2016
Leiden, Netherlands
This is actually expected behavior. Per https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054 "
Occasionally, the battery might not show a full charge (100%) in macOS, even after the power adapter has been connected for an extended period of time. The battery might appear to stop charging between 93 percent and 99 percent. This behavior is normal and will help to prolong the overall life of the battery."
Again, it worked perfectly well and charged to 100%. Now, it's stuck at 92% and when I click on it, it says "Battery Not Charging." What is more, I just tried disconnecting the power adapter, and it just said the same thing, without switching source to battery. Something is definitely not right.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
You tried an SMC reset, did you try a PRAM reset too? (hold CMD+ALT+P+R on startup, wait for Apple boot chime 3 times, let go).

mshcherb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2016
Leiden, Netherlands
You tried an SMC reset, did you try a PRAM reset too? (hold CMD+ALT+P+R on startup, wait for Apple boot chime 3 times, let go).
Oh my god, I don't know who you are but I worship you! I spent a whole three hours agonizing over this because all Apple Support kept telling me was reset the SMC. But the PRAM reset worked! You are a lifesaver!

Reactions: keysofanxiety
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.