Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NathThomas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2016
My iphone 6 has 8% battery charge left but when i plug in the charger it jumps to 30-40% immediately. Also is there such thing as free bettery replacement? I've been using my iphone 6 since december 2014. Also theres a slightly darker shade on my screen on the top left corner. Its quite disturbing sometimes. Help please.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
My iphone 6 has 8% battery charge left but when i plug in the charger it jumps to 30-40% immediately. Also is there such thing as free bettery replacement? I've been using my iphone 6 since december 2014. Also theres a slightly darker shade on my screen on the top left corner. Its quite disturbing sometimes. Help please.
Take it to Apple or authorized service center

Reactions: HEK

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Since it looks like you are out of warranty, it is likely they will charge you. But as always it doesn't hurt to try. Not sure if you have AppleCare plus.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
I had exactly the same issue & I got the battery replaced. Works like a charm now.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
The battery can be damaged from the elevated voltage of constantly being on charge at 100%. It can cause the battery to swell and press on the screen... creating visible anomalies.

That happened to my ip5.
After replacing the battery, I don't keep it at 100% anymore and so far so good.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The battery can be damaged from the elevated voltage of constantly being on charge at 100%. It can cause the battery to swell and press on the screen... creating visible anomalies.

That happened to my ip5.
After replacing the battery, I don't keep it at 100% anymore and so far so good.
The charging circuitry within the device (unless defective or damaged in some way) shouldn't allow for that while the phone is plugged in.

Reactions: decafjava

WiiDsmKR69

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2013
The charging circuitry within the device (unless defective or damaged in some way) shouldn't allow for that while the phone is plugged in.

You running a public beta?

I have an i6 and never had a problem with my battery. ( other than battery life from day1, but hey, iPhone haha)

But now with the public beta it goes from 20-30% down to 8 so fast the 20% / 10% reminders are one after the other .

I plug it in to the charger and it jumps to 25%.

Could be my battery I suppose but I just assumed it was software not working correctly.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva

That happened to my ip5.
B.S.
What he said, you were already corrected before.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

That happened to my ip5.

This is BS and why people keep stupid rumors of how to charge your battery alive.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Take it to Apple or authorized service center
Dah????
[doublepost=1469584369][/doublepost]

That happened to my ip5.
That's simply not true. Stop spreading rumors. The iPhones have built in charger circuits that only trickle charge above 90% and turn on and off at 100%. Use official Apple power adapter and cable and you can leave phone plugged in for a year without damage to the battery. Apple designed it to be consumer/user idiot proof.

With that said, there will always be defective batteries that fail prematurely. Take in to Apple have em check it. There have been many people out of warranty that have had them replaced for free. No guarantees however.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.