Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How much is your battery capacity at the end of the day on your iPhone 6s?

• 90 - 100%

• 80 - 90%

• 70 - 80%

• 60 - 70%

• 50 - 60%

• 40 - 50%

• 30 - 40%

• 20 - 30%

• 10 - 20%

• 0 - 10%

Results are only viewable after voting.

oliver_1809

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2015
Hi there,

I bought an iPhone 6s last september and am very happy about how fast it is (especially compared to my previous iPhone 4s, which was very old...).

Saddly, there is oen thing which I am disappointed in: the battery life. I am worried that my battery drains faster than normal and that is why I was wondering how long yours last. (I start the day at 100% and in the evening it is about 50%, with slight use)

By the way, I am using an Apple lightning dock to charge my phone (always to 100% and never overnight) and was wondering if this could be an issue.

Thanks a lot for you help!

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
Maybe you should define "slight use". Battery usage is quite subjective and differences of opinion about what constitutes light. medium, and heavy use varies widely.
You also may have something loaded up like FB for instance that is a power hog. If I go to bed at 100%, I still have 100% 99% of the time when I get up 8 hours later. I generally have 30 to 40% left over at bedtime. I'm probably considered a light to medium user. My 6s has been traded for a 7 but it was 1 year old when I got it and I considered the battery life to be amazing and just as good as my 7. I don't use FB or any other battery hogs. I watch very little video which is hard on battery but usually none at all. Web browsing, News, emails, scrabble, texts thru out my day and a very few calls is about it. Coming from awhile on android I really notice the better power management.
FWIW, I charge using a 6' long non OEM cord and it gives it a really slow charge. Most will disagree but my experience has been that a slow charge lasts longer than a fast charge. May or may not be easier on the battery also. Also, leave it plugged in all night as I have done with all phones since about 1998. Never have had a battery issue ever. FWIW, as your experience may vary.

Last edited:

deano1972

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2016
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I bought an iPhone 6s last september and am very happy about how fast it is (especially compared to my previous iPhone 4s, which was very old...).

Saddly, there is oen thing which I am disappointed in: the battery life. I am worried that my battery drains faster than normal and that is why I was wondering how long yours last. (I start the day at 100% and in the evening it is about 50%, with slight use)

By the way, I am using an Apple lightning dock to charge my phone (always to 100% and never overnight) and was wondering if this could be an issue.

Post a screen shot of your battery stats page at the end of the day showing your usage since last full charge. It'll be easier to have an idea whether or not there's a battery drain issue or not with your phone then.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hi there,

People's remaining percentage at the end of the day doesn't really say much as everyone uses their phone differently in different environments (and might even charge up during the day).

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
My 6s with the Samsung chip performed worse than the 6s with the TSMC chip that's in my 6s I gave my guy (Which is also under the battery recall but he refuses to get it fixed as he's on an older iOS and doesn't want to upgrade). So it's pretty weird. It'll last about 4-6 hours with usage. I mostly use Facebook, Tapatalk, Safari, and News.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Battery life is HIGHLY dependent on usage, cellular signal strength and many other factors.

Maybe your battery life is fine but your expectations are wrong?

Why aren't you charging overnight?

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
I am using iPhone 6S Plus from 15 months now and even after 15 months of wear and tear i am getting 8 to 9 hours of usage with 24 hours standby on daily basis which is pretty much satisfying. That said when it comes to longer battery life nothing comes close to Plus models

Reactions: bobcan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.