Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
I'll start with a disclaimer that I'm not normally one to obsessively check battery health, if at all, though it seems I've been getting pretty good life from my old slugger of a laptop. She's a 2012 15" cMBP, purring with maxed RAM and a Samsung EVO. Yeah I've got Retina screen envy and I'd love a PCI-e SSD to load those LPX projects quicker, but it works OK.

I don't ever try to use it one way or another, desperately looking to charge/discharge where possible; if there's a charger to hand, I'll plug it in. Otherwise I'll just run it on battery until it shouts at me, then I'll charge it or shut it down. Basically, it just gets used without worrying.

With all the coconutBattery tests floating around here in the advent of the nMBP, curiosity got the better of me and I figured I'd give the app a whirl. It spat back these numbers at me. I've never had the battery replaced in the 4 years I've had the laptop either.

How do your numbers compare? 620 load cycles over 4 years is really really low I imagine, so I've probably had it on charge more often than my memory gives credit. Just curious if you've had bad/good experiences with your batteries over such a length of time. :)
Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 18.34.18.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 18.34.27.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.