Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cliffy85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2018
Can anyone offer their battery life experiences on the 2018 15 inch MBPs.

I'm specifically interested in comparing the 2.2 GHz and 2.6 GHz configurations with no other upgrades.

The Reasonable One

macrumors regular
May 31, 2016
Secret Bunker Testing 2018 17" MBP
They might not be the best Macbooks in terms of battery life, but 2.5 hours is exaggeration. I have the 15 inch one and I can see myself easily getting 6-7h while coding
That’s the thing. I’m not exxaggerating. People like you have made me see the light and I’ve taken it in to Apple to get repaired. Something is broken on mine. I thought it was everyone and it turns out it’s just me lol. I got a lemon. Cuz my 2012 lasted longer. Waaay longer. I could use IntelliJ type apps and get 4 hrs on battery after 6 years. My 2018 gets less.

spintronics

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2018
That’s the thing. I’m not exxaggerating. People like you have made me see the light and I’ve taken it in to Apple to get repaired. Something is broken on mine. I thought it was everyone and it turns out it’s just me lol. I got a lemon. Cuz my 2012 lasted longer. Waaay longer. I could use IntelliJ type apps and get 4 hrs on battery after 6 years. My 2018 gets less.
That’s pretty strange. Have you solved it somehow?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.