Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericthered926

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2017
I’ve had the beta installed on my iPhone SE since the release day and battery has been fine, a little subpar, until the last couple days. The last couple days it drains around 1% per minute that I’m on my phone and it runs a little hot. Any ideas what could be causing it? I have background refresh off for majority of my apps. I just don’t know what it could be, I’ve signed in and out of my iCloud account and reset it by holding down the home and lock buttons, closed all the apps, etc. Anybody else experiencing anything like this?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Its a beta... Betas (early betas) are not designed to be battery friendly. They are running additional beta software thats gathering diagnostic logs.

ericthered926

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2017
Its a beta... Betas (early betas) are not designed to be battery friendly. They are running additional beta software thats gathering diagnostic logs.
Thanks. I know that, I’ve run pretty much every beta in the past and I’m willing to live with it, but sometimes people have tips on optimization. I’m listening to music right now with my phone plugged in, and it’s losing charge as we speak. It is just abnormal to me because it started out of the blue in the last day or two. I’ve been able to make it through the day until yesterday when it totally started to tank.

Reactions: KeanosMagicHat

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks. I know that, I’ve run pretty much every beta in the past and I’m willing to live with it, but sometimes people have tips on optimization. I’m listening to music right now with my phone plugged in, and it’s losing charge as we speak. It is just abnormal to me because it started out of the blue in the last day or two. I’ve been able to make it through the day until yesterday when it totally started to tank.

I'm not running the beta but I've read similar reports around here about battery draining even when plugged into charge on iOS 11. Those were mainly on the iPad though rather than the iPhone. However based on that I would stipulate it's likely a bug Apple are looking to fix. :)

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
I’ve had the beta installed on my iPhone SE since the release day and battery has been fine, a little subpar, until the last couple days. The last couple days it drains around 1% per minute that I’m on my phone and it runs a little hot. Any ideas what could be causing it? I have background refresh off for majority of my apps. I just don’t know what it could be, I’ve signed in and out of my iCloud account and reset it by holding down the home and lock buttons, closed all the apps, etc. Anybody else experiencing anything like this?
Try doing a Reset Network Settings. That helped my battery drain when on wifi and cellular. You can also check if anything is constantly using Location Services?

hxlover904

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2011
What I've been experiencing is the battery life on the phone is sub par but acceptable for a first beta. But any bluetooth connected device (apple watch and BeatsX) are draining very rapidly during the day.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
That new App Store seems to be the culprit on my side. That is, when I update apps, phone will become hot, and drain battery fast enough to force me recharging it immediately. That is just bad.

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
That new App Store seems to be the culprit on my side. That is, when I update apps, phone will become hot, and drain battery fast enough to force me recharging it immediately. That is just bad.
I do love the new AppStore though. I'm sure it will get better. I can actually find new and great apps with it.

Reactions: Shirasaki

laszlo182

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
It started to happen to me as well, around the middle of the last week. The point is however I'm on iOS 10..?? I don't know what happened I didn't do anything that could cause that

ericthered926

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2017
I'm thinking it might have something to do with Apple Music, I turned off GPS except when I'm using apps that need it, and for a minute I thought it was Adguard Pro, but that improved battery for all of 30 seconds. I use music a lot. Is it normal for the feedback app to not have the option to submit feedback for iOS 11? This is my first year as a developer and running DP1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.