Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsnio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2016
Well, you might be aware of the battery recall going on for some of the 15-inch macbook pro models.

https://support.apple.com/en-ae/15-inch-macbook-pro-battery-recall

My device is 2015 15-inch. Just got my device back from the Apple store after the battery replacement. They did replace the keyboard and trackpad too according to the 'service confirmation' email I received. I believe, this is because all of them are single unit.

So, I start using my device. After a force-click I see the display glitching as in the video linked. It lasts only for a while. By panic, I close down all the open apps thinking it's a software issue. I'm trying the force-click again, glitching comes back up but this time doesn't stop even after shutting down the device and booting it back up after a while.

As you can see from the video linked below, the glitching halts if I'm not using the trackpad but comes back up as soon I do.

My device is currently not under warranty. This is an issue Apple is responsible for. I'm quite baffled on approaching Apple with this as I can get charged for any repairs. What do you guys think is causing this issue? And, how should I approach Apple to get this repaired without any charges?

Video link:

Thanks

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
You have Limited warranty on repairs/replacements. If they botched the battery service, they have to repair it again for free. Just call them up and tell that they’ve return you a broken laptop and they’ll take care of it.

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
Leman is correct.

This link shows the repair Terms and Conditions, https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/terms/repair/usretailrepairterms.html. The important part for you is "... Apple warrants (1) that the repairs will be performed in a competent and workmanlike manner and (2) that all parts used to repair your product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ninety (90) days, unless otherwise specified by Apple."

dsnio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2016
Thanks for replying guys. I've made a service appointment with Apple for 25th. Let's see what happens.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Make sure you take the video along (on phone or tablet) so you can show them the problem, just in case it "starts up fine" at the genius bar!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.