Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrianLy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
My battery is at 300 cycles and it has just over 80% of it's original capacity if I check with several tools. I travel a lot and this does make a difference for me. I expect to keep the machine for at least another year. Can I get the battery replaced at a reduced cost ahead of the end of my AppleCare agreement in a few week?

Also, can Apple do the battery replacement within 24hrs at an Apple retail store?

TIA

jksu

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2009
check and see if your 13” mbp us part of the battery recall. mine was so that was a free battery for my 400ish cycle battery

or if you’re having any keyboard issues (stuck keys, unreliably responding keys) when they replace the keyboard, they will replace the battery too since the whole top case is glued together

lcseds

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2006
NC, USA
Apple does not sell pro rated battery replacements. It will be replaced if it fails. If no failure, there would be no replacement under Applecare. And that's reasonable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.