Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Delorean2006

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
I have this strange bug with my iPhone X, ever since I got it about 2 weeks ago, my battery usage does not reset, i usually plug the phone in when it’s dead and leave it there or plug it in with 10-20% left and charge it over night to 100% and well, the battery usage just accumulates instead of going back to zero. Does anybody else have this issue and what could I do to fix it, I have restarted the phone, it’ll go back to zero but after the next full charge, it’s back to accumulating. Would a reset of settings fix it or should I just plug the the phone into the computer and just install a new copy of iOS 11.3?

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
I have this strange bug with my iPhone X, ever since I got it about 2 weeks ago, my battery usage does not reset, i usually plug the phone in when it’s dead and leave it there or plug it in with 10-20% left and charge it over night to 100% and well, the battery usage just accumulates instead of going back to zero. Does anybody else have this issue and what could I do to fix it, I have restarted the phone, it’ll go back to zero but after the next full charge, it’s back to accumulating. Would a reset of settings fix it or should I just plug the the phone into the computer and just install a new copy of iOS 11.3?
A hard reset should fix this.

From Apple.com:
  • On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

Delorean2006

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
A hard reset should fix this.

From Apple.com:
  • On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

Thank you for the reply, but, I've tried that as well and it still did not fix my issue.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Thank you for the reply, but, I've tried that as well and it still did not fix my issue.
Ah shoot. I would probably try the reset all settings like you suggested and if that doesn’t work, an iTunes restore, also like you suggested. Seem this bug pop up a fair amount on this forum with iOS 11 but not in some time.

Delorean2006

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
Ah shoot. I would probably try the reset all settings like you suggested and if that doesn’t work, an iTunes restore, also like you suggested. Seem this bug pop up a fair amount on this forum with iOS 11 but not in some time.

I'm going to do the iTunes restore and reset all settings again this morning, hopefully it's just that, if not, hopefully 11.4 could fix my issue. It's not the most major of bugs, but, I have yet been able to truly gauge the battery life of my iPhone X, I just like to know the usage I'm getting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.