Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DELINDA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Why is it the canon battery cost $80 cnd. and when shopping on line I can get a replacement for as little as $9.99 ? I am aware of the amh differences . Some offer 850 while canon has 1050 , but there was a 1400 . Is there anyplace in Canada to get low cost canon batteries for the G10 ?

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Some third party batteries are just a rip-off, plus they make up for it in shipping/handling.

Go either with the original or a known good third party. I used Mercury (?) batteries from Fry's and they seem to work great. They are usually around $20-$30 (US).

Good luck!

rufhausen

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
Littleton, CO
I got a 2nd G10 battery for $6.99 plus reasonable shipping off of eBay. It claims to be rated at 1500mah, but that remains to be seen. For the price though, I wasn't concerned about taking a chance on it being a dud.

I've not been able to run it all the way down yet after several hundred pics, so I'd say it's at least as good as the outrageously priced Canon version initially. It may or may not last as long over time, but at the price, who cares.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.