Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrew1995

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2013
Hi,

I'm looking into buying a Beats Pill+ bluetooth speaker and was wondering if anyone has one and whether they would recommend it. I previously owned a Beats Pill XL, which I loved but had to return due to the recall program, something I regret doing since I thought Apple would soon release a new XL. Clearly not.

TofSanity

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2010
I actually have two. I don't use them as much as I had thought. They do sound pretty good. I would recommend

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I've been wondering the same thing, as I'm thinking about getting one for my dad for Father's Day. He spends a lot of time listening to music and baseball game broadcasts via the MLB app around the house and I think he'd enjoy something like this. What drew me to this over others were the positive reviews about the sound quality, its very portable size, and its simplicity/tight integration within the Apple ecosystem (love that it uses a lightning charger - I wish the Beats headphones had that!)

However, like the OP I'm interested in what other MacRumors people think before I make a decision. Thanks @TofSanity for your recommendation!

Sully

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2007
I also had to return my Beats XL because of the recall. I liked that speaker but replaced with a Riva Turbo. Ive found that the Riva has more accurate sound reproduction and that the bass is more refined that the Beats. However, the Beats was more fun, louder, boomer. The Riva is more refined and, like traditional speakers, bass depends on speaker placement. I like them both. But, the Riva brings out the best in my music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.