Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neiled

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
Anyone else got these? They've been fine for the most part. However it seems after they've been turned off for a few hours the next time you turn them on they don't automatically pair, you have to put them close to the phone again and click the little dialog box to say 'connect'. Pretty sure it should be remembering I've already paired them. Anyone else?

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Had them since last Wednesday - with the new phone since Friday and have had no problems - they connect and reconnect seamlessly and move to my watch when I want it to. Wife also got a pair and has the same experience - maybe it's just a bad set. We haven't had any troubles with them. Good luck.

Reactions: neiled

neiled

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
OK just an update on this. Talked to beats support and they simply performed a reset of the headphones (which I should have done myself I guess) and it's not had any problems since. Sound quality is great and the Bluetooth range is the best of any I've owned, my entire apartment through walls no problems.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
OK just an update on this. Talked to beats support and they simply performed a reset of the headphones (which I should have done myself I guess) and it's not had any problems since. Sound quality is great and the Bluetooth range is the best of any I've owned, my entire apartment through walls no problems.

Holy crap! I just got a set of these a few hours ago and I think the sound quality is excellent. The bass is not overblown whatsoever like some previous Bears models, in fact it may be too toned down for some. Nice and tight though.

Pairing was a breeze, they isolate the sound pretty well and I have volume only at 50%. Bluetooth range is excellent, entire house from the basement to the uppermost level.

Have not have them long enough to see if there is re-pairing needed. I will report back.

Reactions: neiled and matrix07

ayobonus

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2008
Hey everyone,

I just bought the Solo 3's a few days ago. The ease of pairing is unbelievable, and the ease of switching between iPhone and iPad is a huge plus. However, I do have a problem with connectivity. After watching YouTube reviews and reading the comments on this thread, it looks like people are getting unbelievable range and connectivity out of their headphones.

I actually already exchanged my first pair of Solo 3's because of connectivity issues. My first pair would have a drop out/blip here and there while walking. I work in NYC so I walk a lot, and I noticed that audio would drop out here and there. Strangely enough, I noticed that the audio would really drop out after I lock my phone and put it in my pocket. Drop outs would also occur once I get to my desk at work and sit down. Even the replacement pair I got does this same exact thing.

I also did a range test where I left my phone inside the house and I took out the garbage. I probably got around 50-60 feet away from where I left my phone before the audio completely dropped out (as in I never heard music again until I walked closer). I understand that these are Class 1 Bluetooth headphones, and supposedly get up to 300 feet of range, but I'm not even getting anything close to that. I think I'll be going back to the Apple Store for another replacement. Do you guys think I'm just getting duds? Conversely, I also have a pair of QC35s and I have never had a problem with audio dropping out at all (even while walking in NYC). Thanks!

FenC

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2016
Wellington, New Zealand
I've had all kinds of issues with my iPhone 7 Plus, however I think it was probably my own fault:

The Solo3 worked flawlessly with my 6S Plus, but when my 7 Plus finally arrived I just went through the W1 pairing process on it and started using them. After a few hours they would first lose the battery level indication and then lose connection altogether, and I had to restart the iPhone to get pairing to work again.

I tried a bunch of times to forget the Solo3, accepting it would remove from all my devices and re-pairing only to have it happen again.

I *think* the issue was that I was doing this at work, and my 6S Plus and MacBook Pro were both at home (the MacBook lid closed, 6S Plus battery dead), so not getting the "forget the 'phones" instruction through iCloud.

Yesterday I checked all my devices and found the MacBook and 6S Plus both had the Solo3 listed in Bluetooth after I'd told my iPad and 7 Plus to forget them. I forgot them on each device individually, logged my 6S Plus out of iCloud, reset the Solo3, and paired again with my 7 Plus. So far so good since doing that.

Before I switched iPhone they were perfect in terms of connection, the range is awesome, and the battery at least as good as it says, so either my 7 Plus is dodgy (please, no; my 6S Plus was DOA and it took long enough to sort that out here in NZ where the Apple Store is on-line only, without having to deal with Jet Black supply issues), or it was an "echo" of the first pairing in iCloud causing issues on the new pairing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.