Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwmreg

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Hello.

I've seen a few threads, but no news coverage on this yet, but I think the BEATS X headphones that Apple sells have a product defect.

See this thread https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/475370/Can't+turn+on+Beats+X

I've had two pair and in both cases the power light would fail and eventually you could not turn them on again.

I see people complaining about this a lot and I think Apple needs to recall this product. Considering their current track record with product quality. Keyboards, batteries, headphones, displays, etc.

Reactions: haruhiko

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hello.

I've seen a few threads, but no news coverage on this yet, but I think the BEATS X headphones that Apple sells have a product defect.

See this thread https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/475370/Can't+turn+on+Beats+X

I've had two pair and in both cases the power light would fail and eventually you could not turn them on again.

I see people complaining about this a lot and I think Apple needs to recall this product. Considering their current track record with product quality. Keyboards, batteries, headphones, displays, etc.
I'm still on my first pair of Beats X, from May 2017, and I use them every workday both to and from work. No issues except that the battery life has fallen off somewhat.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
The battery light of mine went out after 1.5 years of use. Very bad quality.

andreamaym

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto, ON
I’ve had the same pair since their release in 2017... unfortunately the right earbud died today but I wouldn’t attribute it to a defect since I’ve caught me cat chewing on them in the past ;/ I’m doing my research and will likely replace them with truly wireless earbuds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.