Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zaneliu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2013
Berkeley
Curious how this app works. Is the alarm a vibrate at all if you set your phone to silent? I really don't like sound alarms because I share a room

Threejw

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2014
Does it intelligently wake u up.. Or is it just the same, rings on time with a snooze button?

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Does it intelligently wake u up.. Or is it just the same, rings on time with a snooze button?

I believe it's like a normal alarm but it's recurring unlike the regular alarms in the alarm tab. It tracks how consistent you are at waking up at the same time every day. It seems to use its own volume level too which sounds a lot louder than normal.

Reactions: Threejw

Jhingha

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
I actually use a jawbone up haha. Have an  watch but I usually charge at night
As it only needs about 1.5h to fully charge I put it on charger about 1.5/2h before 'bedtime'. Which enables me to wear it all night + day.

zaneliu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2013
Berkeley
As it only needs about 1.5h to fully charge I put it on charger about 1.5/2h before 'bedtime'. Which enables me to wear it all night + day.
Really when it comes down to why I wear Jawbone, it's because I like its vibration alarm based on light/deep sleep and its power nap function. The second Apple puts it on the watch, I'd switch.

Jhingha

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
Really when it comes down to why I wear Jawbone, it's because I like its vibration alarm based on light/deep sleep and its power nap function. The second Apple puts it on the watch, I'd switch.
Thats a nice feature indeed! Used to do that with Sleep Cycle but I stopped having a phone 10cm from my head while sleeping for reasons. Now it's phone across the room and watch on my wrist.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
I believe it's like a normal alarm but it's recurring unlike the regular alarms in the alarm tab. It tracks how consistent you are at waking up at the same time every day. It seems to use its own volume level too which sounds a lot louder than normal.
Just in case you didn't know, regular alarms can be recurring

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.