Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soundie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Hey, Im new! Im 17, turning 18 at the end of this month and Ive just started taking pictures and I love it! I bought a nikon d 40 a couple of weeks ago, Its not fancy at all but Im very pleased with it. Ive been looking around at some photos you guys have posted and I must say some of it is really awsome! Im really impressed :eek: Any tips for a beginnner? Here is some pictures Ive taken and edited in iphoto (yeah, its not really professional at all); http://www.flickr.com/photos/soundiemusic/sets/72157603312257372/show/ I do apologize for them being quite small, I´ll see if I can upload some big ones later.

Have a looovely day!
- Soundie

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Just carry on as you are. Shoot loads and loads and loads of pix, and week by week, month by month, learn what 'works' and what doesn't. Have fun. :)

Oh, and if you wander onto some of the best photo sites, or google for 'photographic tips', or - gulp - even buy a book, there's one hell of a lot of useful information out there...

MortimerJazz

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2007
London
Hi Soundie - I'm new to all this too, so haven't really got any advice for you.

I just wanted to say, I really liked some of those pics. Especially the colour of the sunset, and the car parked by the side of the road.

Soundie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Thanks for the tips Doylem ! And thank you jazzdude :D I know its all very basic. That car is actually the car the postman drives in the little town I live in. Yeah the town really is quite small, haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.