Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Here are some of photos on Flickr

Any advice and thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

I like the purple palm tree one a lot. Some of the photos I can't tell if they were taken with much thought into them ie Vday surprise (way dark and white balance is off)

What kind of camera are you using?
and are the vignettes done on purpose?
If I were you I would try and take a few portraits, landscapes and close ups. and see which you like the best.

JackArc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Orange County, CA
I like the purple palm tree one a lot. Some of the photos I can't tell if they were taken with much thought into them ie Vday surprise (way dark and white balance is off)

What kind of camera are you using?
and are the vignettes done on purpose?
If I were you I would try and take a few portraits, landscapes and close ups. and see which you like the best.

Oh sorry, the V-Day one wasn't really what I would consider photography. Eventually I'd just like to move some of my social photos from facebook onto flickr as well, I just threw 2 pictures on there.

I am using a Sony point-and-shoot and yeah, some of the vignettes were done on purpose.

thinkband

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
Like Tuff, the purple palm trees picture really stands out. I noticed a lot of your pictures seem a bit light. Perhaps some auto levels in photoshop would be an easy fix. Otherwise keep going. I am new to photography too. Perhaps if you get into it, you will get a entry SLR and explore what you can really do with a camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.