Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrodgers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2019
WhatsApp Image 2019-01-25 at 13.14.32.jpeg
There's a strange glitch that happens on my monitor (BenQ BL 2711U) which seems to be random, but I'm unsure. It's generally only a portion of the screen for a split second, but once it happened across the entire monitor and I was able to capture the photo attached here. I believe I unplugged then re-plugged the cable and it reset, but I may have restarted- I can't seem to remember. I'm wondering if anyone has had the same issue or recognizes it? I'm trying to determine whether it is the monitor itself, my computer, or something else. Thanks for any responses and insight!

My set up:

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
What version of MacOS are you currently using on your MacBook? Earlier versions of Mojave had graphical glitches that were fixed in later updates. It's possible that this could be causing the issue.

Also, I'd say that some sort of graphical glitch happens on occasion when I connect my 2017 13" MacBook Pro to my two external monitors, but it is more of a distorted image as the GPU resizes the desktop to fit my monitors. Nothing like what you are seeing though.

wrodgers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2019

The smaller scale momentary version of this glitch continues to happen randomly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.