Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jusoi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2016
I've had my iPhone 6s Plus for 3 weeks now, and I just took it out of its case. It's been in its case since the first day I got it. When I took it out and was cleaning it, I noticed it was a little bent. I don't know how it got bent. I was wondering if Apple would replace it for free? I'm really worried they won't. I barely got this phone and I already messed it up. :( I'm 15 years old and I worked all summer long to get this phone, and I can't afford to pay $300 for a replacement. It hasn't been a month and I've already messed up the phone. :( Please help with any advice. I'm really worried the genius bar won't replace it. It's a slight bent. When I put my phone down on a flat surface, you can kinda tell it's there. When you turn the screen on, you can tell there's a slight bent. Please help!

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013
Your best bet is to take it into a store and explain the situation. Nobody here can tell you with certainty what Apple will do or not...

William Wales

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2015
Los Angeles
You'd better go to the genius bar, and ask the stuff whether you could get a free replacement. Even though you can't get a new iPhone, you can repair it for free. Because it is in warranty status.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.