Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Did you also wait for this update?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I could not care less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MilesSmiles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2018
After installing software Update 1.18....... for the A9mk2 today the A9 showed up as AirPay 2 speaker in iOS. This is 6 month after Airplay was release to the public by Apple and 3 month later then promised update by Bang & Olufsen.

Thanks to the dev. Team of B&O for making Airplay 2 support of this speaker possible!

750BC9F7-1F0A-4211-B284-F2B320C74D1C.png
0A00CFE1-89D2-4FBA-B985-722C6E705166.jpeg

Mr$tone

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2017
After installing software Update 1.18....... for the A9mk2 today the A9 showed up as AirPay 2 speaker in iOS. This is 6 month after Airplay was release to the public by Apple and 3 month later then promised update by Bang & Olufsen.

Thanks to the dev. Team of B&O for making Airplay 2 support of this speaker possible!

View attachment 807903
View attachment 807905
Well, I’m not sure this is a solid firmware release... the firmware seems unstable in its current revision. Music drops. Volume ”get stuck” and won’t change.

My opinion is that the new firmware revision is worse now when using iTunes on Mac. Mac didn’t need AirPlay 2 to work with more than one speaker (only iOS needs that) and the BeoPlay A9 has problems connecting to AirPlay 2 using iTunes on Mac. This revision feels like a step backwards for Mac users until a more stable version is released.

However, it seems to work fairly well with iOS.

Let’s hope for a more stable version real soon.

UPDATE: After having evaluated AirPlay 2 on BeoPlay A9 for a few days I must say it’s very disapointing. Volume hangs and won’t change. Music cuts off. This firmware version is not stable—on the contrary, it’s a mess!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.