Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tuckeral77

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
after spending a good amount on the watch itself, i cannot justify the ridiculously high cost of the Apple link band. Where can I find a nice and decent quality SS link band, but without spending hundreds. Thanks!

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Nice find BeefSupreme. I have noticed that many of the 1:1 knockoffs have disappeared from Amazon (where I previously bought mine). Just ordered the one in black for my Gold SS. I sold my silver knockoff one along with my S0 watch.

BeefSupreme

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Nice find BeefSupreme. I have noticed that many of the 1:1 knockoffs have disappeared from Amazon (where I previously bought mine). Just ordered the one in black for my Gold SS. I sold my silver knockoff one along with my S0 watch.

Yeah I noticed that same when I was looking for a new one for the s4 I had preordered.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
I am expecting this to arrive soon also. The last time I ordered one called a 1:1 copy it had links you can detach yourself without any tools, just like the original Apple band. The eBay link seems to be one of those bands. The ones that require a tool usually will show little holes on top of the links even in the pictures.

By the way, after doing some more digging, I have seen some of these 1:1 copies like the one linked here for $25 or $35 or so also out there, so keep your eye peeled for even better deals. Chances are they are all the same exact bands from the same suppliers anyway.

Even so, $49 ain't bad given that you can probably use this band for years to come. I used my last one for more than 2 years on and off and it would have seen another few years of service if I hadn't opted to change to gold.

BeefSupreme

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I ordered one of these a day or two ago for my S4 I should get it by Thursday. Do the links separate to adjust wrist size by pushing the button on the links or do I need to use a special link to separate them like the link knock off I bought on amazon ?

It’s the Button press to separate links. Just like apple’s.

I hate the ones requiring tools. Plenty of those too on eBay/amazon
[doublepost=1539348100][/doublepost]
I am expecting this to arrive soon also. The last time I ordered one called a 1:1 copy it had links you can detach yourself without any tools, just like the original Apple band. The eBay link seems to be one of those bands. The ones that require a tool usually will show little holes on top of the links even in the pictures.

By the way, after doing some more digging, I have seen some of these 1:1 copies like the one linked here for $25 or $35 or so also out there, so keep your eye peeled for even better deals. Chances are they are all the same exact bands from the same suppliers anyway.

Even so, $49 ain't bad given that you can probably use this band for years to come. I used my last one for more than 2 years on and off and it would have seen another few years of service if I hadn't opted to change to gold.

Probably the same band exactly.

Since I couldn’t find a 1:1 anywhere except on eBay, I think they must have started up production on these again recently as I’m seeing them for sale in a lot more places now.

sslade6752

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2015
Just got mine today I think it fits nicely. Anyone know the manufacturer? I would like to find a source of extra links. I should be good since I had to take 3 links of each side but would like to hav a few extra Incase the company shuts down

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
I got mine also and it has a problem. On one side the link disconnected even without a button push — meaning as soon as I’d put it on it would come apart and fall off. I contacted the seller and they’re sending me another one.

Also a few of the links didn’t go well together easily. Like I had to fiddle with it more. It’s definitely lower quality than the previous replica I had.

We will see if the replacement is better. I’m fine with a little fiddling as long as the band doesn’t come apart when wearing it.

sslade6752

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2015

Attachments

• 45EE721E-EC16-4B33-8733-94A2A06A44E8.jpeg
    45EE721E-EC16-4B33-8733-94A2A06A44E8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 285
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.