Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kreuzberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
I recently got a copy of Photoshop and I was wondering if anyone knows the best book to learn how to process images?

What I'm interested in doing is processing RAW images, learning how to touch up photos, and generally all the different effects and filters i can use and what they do. Nothing too hardcore, just ways to improve my pictures.

I found this book on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adobe-Photo...r_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242926726&sr=1-12

and it seems to get good reviews, has anyone got it or used any other books to learn about Photoshop that they can recommend?

Thanks!

kreuzberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Thanks

Wow thanks for the quick reply!

That website seems a little too good, theres just so many tutorials!

I would still like a book though, just to have as a reference guide, and I just find it a bit easier to learn that way:eek:

yaroldb

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
I'd recommend Lynda.com. There is a ton of Photoshop stuff there and they are in leason forms. So they actually teach you what things do vs other totorials that teach you how to do something by following directions. It's $25 per month and you can learn at your own pace. Movies are about 10 minutes long.

Hope that helps.

kreuzberg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm just heading down now to my local bookstore to see if either of those books are in stock.

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
I like the Classroom in a Book series by Adobe Press... the catch is that it will not give you a step-by-step for every possibility, only a very, very solid foundation for handling almost everything.

jaduffy108

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2005
IMO...lynda.com is a ($25) no brainer and FAR better than any book on the market. Kelbytraining.com is also good, but specific to retouching, I would go with Orwig's classes on Lynda.com.

Lynda.com....Deke McClelland's classes on masking....excellent.

Classroom in a Book? Very basic and limited in scope.

Lynda.com! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.