Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Hey MacRumors,

Sorry if that has been asked before in advance. Now that Best Buy is an authorized Apple Service Center, does that mean they can offer replacement devices as well?

I'm looking to get an iPhone X under AppleCare+ replaced due to its camera. Hoping to avoid a few days wait if they have to order a replacement.

(I know Best Buy will have iPhone X in stock, but this X is used on T-Mobile (purchased unlocked). Not sure if Best Buy carries unlocked iPhone X in stock).

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Resolved. Thank you!

Last edited:

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
If it’s a camera problem, they will open it up and replace the camera module.

Reactions: ruslan120

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Sorry if that has been asked before in advance. Now that Best Buy is an authorized Apple Service Center, does that mean they can offer replacement devices as well?

Just my opinion here so take with a grain of salt..... Just because Best Buy is now an authorized Apple Service Center does not mean they're capable. Based on their past performance with other repairs, I would be very cautious about using them to repair anything. Take your phone to Apple or at the least to T-Mobile who will send the phone to Apple for repair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.