Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csilvia

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
Rhode Island
So I was unable to get an iPhone 7+, like many, on release day (Friday), so I went to Best Buy that Sunday and preorded through them.

The girl that helped me was very nice and explained how Apple sold 12 times the amount of preorders that they were ready for, and then proceeded to explain that her Best Buy store (Seekonk, MA) was a high volume store, and actually received more iPhone 7's and 7+'s than the nearest Apple Store (Providence, RI).

I already have been looking at the Apple Store's inventory because I'm impatient and antsy, and they have the Black 256gb iPhone 7+ that I would like, however they are not willing to give me the $650.00 credit for my iPhone 6 that At&T/Best Buy would so I am not going to go the Apple Store route.

What type of wait should I be expecting? The girl that helped me out said that I should get my phone NO LATER than the first week of October, but there is a possibility for them to get a large shipment of iPhone 7+'s before then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.