Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtinch

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Last year, Best Buy offered the same exact trade-in deal as Verizon towards iPhone 12 models. The best part was, you would get the trade-in credit up front (whereas Verizon wants you to mail them your phone and give you the credit in monthly installments for 2 years), and apply it towards the retail price of the phone if you wanted to pay that way or finance through Best Buy rather than Verizon. I was ecstatic, so I ordered for in-store pickup and traded my phone in the day of pickup. Easy and painless.

This year, however, Best Buy is requiring you to go through Verizon and mail your phone to get their offer, $1000 off a 13 Pro or $800 off a 13 Mini, per their website. You can still trade in your phone at the store, day of pickup, but the most they offer for my specific model (12 Pro 128GB) is $700 off. Wonder why this is? Was Verizon not happy with Best Buy offering the deal in store last year? Or do I have it wrong and you CAN get this offer at Best Buy in-store?

Attachments

• verizon_scam.PNG
    verizon_scam.PNG
    43.1 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.