Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadowboi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2024
Unknown
Recently got my 11 Pro fixed and sooo glad to have it back, SE3 camera doesn't hold anywhere close imo. But now I got a problem of choosing a good case for it, my old UAG case is pretty...old, and heavy. Phone doesn't really overheat but over the years I learned some cases are better and worse in terms of keeping iPhone temperature in the good range (so it won't be slow cooking the battery).

Which cases are you using? I have seen there were lots of new cases recently, for example ones with square corners for round-cornered iPhones, the ones with added lip at the bottom to give better security in case phone drops, as well as the original ones from Apple. I wonder, which case can be considered best for hot and cold weather conditions, silicone or "leather"? Would probably get two cases - one for summer and another for winter

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
No case is designed for heat dissipation. You would need the right materials with the proper thermal conductivity. You could see if there’s an aluminum case since the Pro models utilize some steel but the back is glass so you wrapping it in a case will negate any benefit.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Chubby Cable sells a couple.

chubby.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.