Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

premierpark

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Hi!

I have iPhone X with the manufactured charger and charging cable.
I find it a bit slow so I thought I would buy a new charger and a cable.
It would be nice if the charger and cable were apple products.

Which chargers and cables should I buy?

I found thesse wireless chargers with a good performance:

https://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7U050/

and

http://eu.mophie.com/shop/iphone-x/wireless-charging-base

Would it be faster than the factory charger? would it be better? or a disadvantage of wireless charging?

Does the quick charge feature do not ruin the battery?

I'm sorry about my bad English knowledge.

Thank you

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I use an Anker powerwave 7.5w wireless quick charger and I’d say it’s faster than the supplied 5w wall charger your phone came with but, not as fast as the 12w iPad wall charger.. I’ve seen no adverse effects using wireless charging compared to wired charging..

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Hi!

I have iPhone X with the manufactured charger and charging cable.
I find it a bit slow so I thought I would buy a new charger and a cable.
It would be nice if the charger and cable were apple products.

Which chargers and cables should I buy?

I found thesse wireless chargers with a good performance:

https://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7U050/

and

http://eu.mophie.com/shop/iphone-x/wireless-charging-base

Would it be faster than the factory charger? would it be better? or a disadvantage of wireless charging?

Does the quick charge feature do not ruin the battery?

I'm sorry about my bad English knowledge.

Thank you

Hi - I have found using the iPad charger very fast and reliable. It’s the 12w charging brick from Apple that costs $19. You can use your same cable from your iPhone charger. Hope that helps.

premierpark

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
I use an Anker powerwave 7.5w wireless quick charger and I’d say it’s faster than the supplied 5w wall charger your phone came with but, not as fast as the 12w iPad wall charger.. I’ve seen no adverse effects using wireless charging compared to wired charging..

Is wireless charging more confortable than cable? Actually, it would be nice, but I would be happy to get the phone up quick.

Hi - I have found using the iPad charger very fast and reliable. It’s the 12w charging brick from Apple that costs $19. You can use your same cable from your iPhone charger. Hope that helps.

If I use a macbook charger to charge my phone with a usb-c cable, can I get even faster charging than the ipad charger?

Thanks

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Is wireless charging more confortable than cable? Actually, it would be nice, but I would be happy to get the phone up quick.

If I use a macbook charger to charge my phone with a usb-c cable, can I get even faster charging than the ipad charger?

Thanks

Yes you can.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
My requirements:
  • 10 W charging speed: iPhones charge at 7.5 W, but I would like to be more future proof with my purchases.
  • WPC Qi certified: The last thing I want is an unsafe charger.
  • Grippy surface: I don't want chargers with a hard surface that could scratch the phone or to have the phone slide gradually off the center.
  • Non obtrusive indicator: Soft indicator light. A bonus point for it dims or turns off after briefly to indicate the phone is correctly placed and is charging.
  • Tasteful design: Subjective. But I don't want to see giant branding logo or product name. I want minimal design.
  • Trusted brand: Anker, Belkin, Logitech, Mophie, Ravpower, Samsung, or similar.
  • Fairly priced: Less than $50.
  • Circular shape for pad style: I don't want to obsess over how my phone is placed. Does not apply for the stand style.
  • Includes charging cable and AC adapter: I want the full ready to use package.
After looking at several dozens, I narrowed down to:
I am leaning toward Anker because the rubber pad on RAVPower seems to wear out after few months of use. And Anker has great warranty and support.

Reactions: Arnezie

colodane

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
I"ve been using the Anker PowerWave stand for 4 months now. I really like it. Extremely convenient and approximately the same speed as the iPad 12W with the lightning cable. Recommended.

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
I know that Apple implied that the Xs has “faster wireless charging” than iPhone X (7.5W). Now that the phone is released, has there been any confirmation as to whether it does support 10W fast charging?

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I know that Apple implied that the Xs has “faster wireless charging” than iPhone X (7.5W). Now that the phone is released, has there been any confirmation as to whether it does support 10W fast charging?

This article appears to show an AD reflecting 10W Qi charging...however, I've not been able to confirm it from any other source. Wondering if this could be fake?
https://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-xs-xs-max-10w-fast-wireless-charger-here-are-the-best-ones/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.