Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boomer23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2022
I love this monitor with my Mac Studio - Question: I am using the DVI cable…to connect Mac to Dell. Both are plugged into power…Will this allow all of the Hub Ports to work? Or do I need to use usb-c to usb-c cable for all of the Hub Ports to work?

StuAff

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2007
Portsmouth, UK
I love this monitor with my Mac Studio - Question: I am using the DVI cable…to connect Mac to Dell. Both are plugged into power…Will this allow all of the Hub Ports to work? Or do I need to use usb-c to usb-c cable for all of the Hub Ports to work?
DVI (or HDMI, or DP) can't carry USB signals. So yes, you need a USB connection between Mac and monitor, in addition to/instead of (depending on what ports the monitor has) DVI.

Boomer23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2022
DVI (or HDMI, or DP) can't carry USB signals. So yes, you need a USB connection between Mac and monitor, in addition to/instead of (depending on what ports the monitor has) DVI.
Thank you so much...What is the DisplayPort good for? Good for a 2nd Monitor? Or Speakers...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.